Subversion on LinkStation 2

  • Nick Pappas
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2005
      Hello all.

      Just thought I might mention that I have a working Subversion on a
      LinkStation 2 running the OpenLink firmware, no Debian. Works great
      using the file system repository structure, so you don't have to
      install Berkeley DB, and no need to surf the structure over the web so
      Apache wasn't required either.

      It takes about 28M of space. I installed everything to /mnt/hda
      (created a /mnt/hda/usr structure), but it could fit on the root
      partition if you wanted. It starts getting tight on space after
      install the mips-tools package though.

      If a source control repository is something you were
      kinda-maybe-possibly thinking about, you're good to go! Grab
      Subversion!

      Nick
      --
      Whatever you do - don't congratulate yourself too much, or berate
      yourself either.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 19, 2005
        > Just thought I might mention that I have a working Subversion on a
        > LinkStation 2 running the OpenLink firmware, no Debian. Works great
        > using the file system repository structure, so you don't have to
        > install Berkeley DB, and no need to surf the structure over the web so
        > Apache wasn't required either.

        Could you describe in the wiki what you did to install ? I want to use
        subversion too and your description could save me (and certainly
        others) a lot of time.
      • Nick Pappas
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 20, 2005
          On 7/19/05, balimbabullabe <balimbabullabe@...> wrote:
          > Could you describe in the wiki what you did to install ? I want to use
          > subversion too and your description could save me (and certainly
          > others) a lot of time.

          I'll see what I can put together today (during a boring part of work)
          or when I get home tonight. The process is straight forward though --
          the only trick being to remember to add a "--prefix" to the configure.
          Didn't have to do anything special beyond that. :)

          I've not dealt with a WIKI before, so I might have to scratch my head
          over how to get something in there for a bit.

          --
          Whatever you do - don't congratulate yourself too much, or berate
          yourself either.
          Your choices are half chance, and so are everybody else's.
        • Gordon Smith
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 23, 2005
            Did you ever post this? I would love to get subversion working on my
            version OpenLink box?

            Gordon.

            "Nick Pappas" <nwpappas@...> wrote in
            message news:6237619d0507200804125b98fa@......