Re: Lame on LS2 ??

  • mimile190451
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 19, 2005
      You are right.

      But my aim was not to convert mp3-x to mp3-lame before playing, but
      WHILE playing (some one wrote it was the solution...).

      I suppose it is not...

      Too bad: I have just finished to make work my installation:
      [slimserver] + [soundbrige] + (PDA control with Web interface]. It
      was very good but there is this irritating problem of stopping
      randomly while playing....

      I have now to try mt-daap or TwonkyVision.

      May be tou have other suggestions?

      Michel

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "balimbabullabe"
      <balimbabullabe@y...> wrote:

      > Unfortunately not. Perhaps it helps to run lame with the same
      > parameters on another PC with perhaps windows (and more computing
      > power than the LS2 has) ?
      >
      > Just in case the gcc that's offered for the LS2 doesn't work for you
      > you could try the debil script (from linkstationwiki.org) and
      create a
      > chroot environment which has a gcc 3.3.4 in it (only chroot, don't
      > install debian as a replacement os).
      > The created binary of lame should work on the "outside" LS2 linux.
      >
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "mimile190451"
      > <dalmazzo@m...> wrote:
      > > Hi "Balimbabullabe"
      > >
      > > If I need Lame, it's to try to solve a problem with Slimserver /
      > > Soundbridge (playing stopps randomly).
      > > I have read that it may work if Slimserver convert from Mp3 to
      Mp3 by
      > > lame.
      > > So..
      > > Have you binaries ?
      > >
      > > Michel
      > >
      > > PS: I have learn a lot from you... Thanks.
      > >

      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "balimbabullabe"
      > > memory,
      > > MP3s
      > > >
      > > > My recommendation is: don't do it.
      > > > I compiled some kernel modules yesterday which took quite long.
      And
      > > > during this all other processes of the LS(2) were very slow.
      E.g.