Can't create protected folder / new user.

  • Nick Pappas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2005
      Hello all.

      I'm trying to create a protected folder on my LinkStation, using the
      modified firmware, but am having some trouble. I can create the
      folder and assign a user to it, but when I try to log in I get an
      access error. When I go to my user edit and try to change the
      password, Firefox freezes.

      Can I set up permissions from the command line, since I can SSH in now?

      Also, is there a how-to out there describing how to update the Samba
      install (for a LS2)? Supposedly the default install doesn't support
      unicode, and I'd like to update it so I can see all those fun
      characters. :)

      Thanks!