Re: BitTorrent Daemon

  • pretzel_munster
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 6, 2005
      Hi wedgemusic,

      did you make any progress with the screen package for LS1? I would
      love "screen" in combination with the Bittorrent package from Wiki
      (which works great!). This tool would really solve all my needs at the
      moment. See http://mandrivausers.org/lofiversion/index.php/t17941.html
      for details on the easy usage of "screen".

      I would really appreciate your efforts for the package!

      Kind regards,

      pretzel_munster.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "wedgemusic"
      <wedgemusic@y...> wrote:
      > Darn, you beat me to it! Screen is the easiest way to run programs
      in
      > the background. Just add "screen" before the program you wish to
      run.
      > To resume the program use the command "screen -r". I am working on
      > putting together a screen package for the PPC LinkStation. I'll post
      > it on the LinkStationWiki when I'm done.
      >
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "James Stewart"
      > <wartstew@y...> wrote:
      > > There is the utility called "screen" which lets you "background"
      an
      > > entire shell (telnet) session, as well as have multiple sessions
      > > running, then be able to reconnect to them later. Someone got it

      > > working on the original LS1 a while back. I have it on my
      > > Debianized one (but hardly used it because I use a graphical VNC
      > > desktop instead).
      > >
      > > If you are interested in it and can't get it going, let me know
      and
      > > I might be able to come up with a version that will run for you
      If
      > > you have an LS-1. For an LS-2 you might need to hunt down an
      LS-2