LS2 ssh root login problem

  • vogtherzog
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5, 2005
      Hi All

      I use the 2.05 custom firmware and put dropbear from the Wiki
      mipsel-tools on it. After a sucessfull installation I start dropbear
      from the comandline and I could login as root using putty.
      Then reboot and using /etc/init.d/dropbear start and get an 'Access
      denied'. After /etc/init.d/dropbear stop and dropbear on cmd-line it
      works again.

      Has anybody an idea what was wrong?

      Best Regards
      Vogtherzog
    • wedgemusic
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5, 2005
        Are you sure dropbear wasn't already started? The dropbear package in
        mipsel-tools-v3 includes an automatic startup link.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "vogtherzog" <yahoo@v...>
        wrote:
        > Hi All
        >
        > I use the 2.05 custom firmware and put dropbear from the Wiki
        > mipsel-tools on it. After a sucessfull installation I start dropbear
        > from the comandline and I could login as root using putty.
        > Then reboot and using /etc/init.d/dropbear start and get an 'Access
        > denied'. After /etc/init.d/dropbear stop and dropbear on cmd-line it
        > works again.
        >
        > Has anybody an idea what was wrong?
        >
        > Best Regards
        > Vogtherzog
      • vogtherzog
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 6, 2005
          Hi,
          yes dropbear wasn't started I removed the link, so that I was able to
          narrow the probelm.

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "wedgemusic"
          <wedgemusic@y...> wrote:
          > Are you sure dropbear wasn't already started? The dropbear package
          in
          > mipsel-tools-v3 includes an automatic startup link.
          >
          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "vogtherzog"
          <yahoo@v...>
          > wrote:
          > > Hi All
          > >
          > > I use the 2.05 custom firmware and put dropbear from the Wiki
          > > mipsel-tools on it. After a sucessfull installation I start
          dropbear
          > > from the comandline and I could login as root using putty.
          > > Then reboot and using /etc/init.d/dropbear start and get an
          'Access
          > > denied'. After /etc/init.d/dropbear stop and dropbear on cmd-line
          it
          > > works again.
          > >
          > > Has anybody an idea what was wrong?
          > >
          > > Best Regards
          > > Vogtherzog
        • vogtherzog
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 6, 2005
            Oh, I'm stupid idiot, i dissalow root login "-w"
            Thanks for help