Re: BitTorrent Daemon

  • superg00fy
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 4, 2005
      Thanks you all for your reply, but now I've finally tryed mldonkey and
      seems to be the one for me: multi protocol, and with remote GUIs to
      manage it! I really like it and I'm trying it now to see how it can
      make my LS a download center ;-)
    • wedgemusic
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 4, 2005
        Did you download the version from the LinkStationWiki or did you
        compile your own? If you downloaded it from the wiki, how did you like
        the installation script? Any thoughts or suggestions?

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "superg00fy"
        <supergoofy@k...> wrote:
        > Thanks you all for your reply, but now I've finally tryed mldonkey and
        > seems to be the one for me: multi protocol, and with remote GUIs to
        > manage it! I really like it and I'm trying it now to see how it can
        > make my LS a download center ;-)
      • superg00fy
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 4, 2005
          Yes, I've used the one on LinkStationWiki! I think the script is fine,
          but maybe I'd love to see the stuffs of mldonkey, not ALL in
          /usr/local/bin, where maybe other stuffs may go, but in a separate
          directory (for example /usr/local/bin/mldonkey, or something like
          /srv/mldonkey). That's only because mldonkey put a lot of
          files/directories when it start!

          Other than that I only had to tweak mldonkey settings to put
          temp/downloads on a hda3 mounted dir and make a little script to force
          it to run in it's own path (or it will fill of .ini files every
          directory where it's started) and to run in background.
          I've found a script that make it better: it has start/stop/status
          params to use it at system startup

          Now it seems to work very well with the remote gui i'm using (sancho)

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "wedgemusic"

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 4, 2005
            Can you post the script and your modifications please?

            <supergoofy@k...> wrote:
            > Yes, I've used the one on LinkStationWiki! I think the script is fine,
            > but maybe I'd love to see the stuffs of mldonkey, not ALL in
            > /usr/local/bin, where maybe other stuffs may go, but in a separate
            > directory (for example /usr/local/bin/mldonkey, or something like
            > /srv/mldonkey). That's only because mldonkey put a lot of
            > files/directories when it start!
            >
            > Other than that I only had to tweak mldonkey settings to put
            > temp/downloads on a hda3 mounted dir and make a little script to force
            > it to run in it's own path (or it will fill of .ini files every
            > directory where it's started) and to run in background.
            > I've found a script that make it better: it has start/stop/status
            > params to use it at system startup
            >
            > Now it seems to work very well with the remote gui i'm using (sancho)

            > <wedgemusic@y...> wrote:
            > > Did you download the version from the LinkStationWiki or did you
            > > compile your own? If you downloaded it from the wiki, how did you like
            > > the installation script? Any thoughts or suggestions?

          • pretzel_munster
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 6, 2005
              Hi wedgemusic,

              did you make any progress with the screen package for LS1? I would
              love "screen" in combination with the Bittorrent package from Wiki
              (which works great!). This tool would really solve all my needs at the
              moment. See http://mandrivausers.org/lofiversion/index.php/t17941.html
              for details on the easy usage of "screen".

              I would really appreciate your efforts for the package!

              Kind regards,

              pretzel_munster.

              <wedgemusic@y...> wrote:
              > Darn, you beat me to it! Screen is the easiest way to run programs
              in
              > the background. Just add "screen" before the program you wish to
              run.
              > To resume the program use the command "screen -r". I am working on
              > putting together a screen package for the PPC LinkStation. I'll post
              > it on the LinkStationWiki when I'm done.
              >
              > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "James Stewart"
              > <wartstew@y...> wrote:
              > > There is the utility called "screen" which lets you "background"
              an
              > > entire shell (telnet) session, as well as have multiple sessions
              > > running, then be able to reconnect to them later. Someone got it

              > > working on the original LS1 a while back. I have it on my
              > > Debianized one (but hardly used it because I use a graphical VNC
              > > desktop instead).
              > >
              > > If you are interested in it and can't get it going, let me know
              and
              > > I might be able to come up with a version that will run for you
              If
              > > you have an LS-1. For an LS-2 you might need to hunt down an
              LS-2