Re: LS speed?

  • downlalaway
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3 4:58 PM
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "prb0x" <al@t...> wrote:
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "James Stewart"
      > >
      > > Webmin seems more sluggish than it should be to me as well. I an
      > > serve large static web pages containing lots of pictures (~100) much
      > > faster. I only recently installed Webmin, and so far I am not real
      > > happy with it, but then I *am* at home with logging in and
      > > configuring things myself.
      >
      > Webmin has it's own webserver which is known to be slow. There are
      > details on their website to get it to run with Apache. I don't think
      > it'd be too much of a problem to run it with thttpd as perl scripts are
      > already running. You would probably have to install webmin to one of
      > the cgi-bin directories unless you were going to change execute
      > permission within thttpd.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Al
      Webmin is slow, but it does come up early in the boot - had a problem
      recently where apache was crashing and shutting it down before
      finishing the boot. Without ssh access (not booted so blocked out) it
      was the best way to switch off services to start up and sort the
      problem. It might be better away from apache.