Re: BitTorrent Daemon

  • prb0x
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 3, 2005
      Have you seen FluxTorrent?
      http://www.fluxtorrent.com

      It requires you run mysql/apache/php so it's not for a regular
      linkstation setup. You'd need to install a full distro to get this
      going. It's a web based BitTorrent Client. I'm running it at the
      moment but because it uses python it's a bit slow - though in the
      forum there is a mod to make it run using ctorrent (precompiled C client).

      Cheers,
      Al

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "superg00fy"
      <supergoofy@k...> wrote:
      > Thanks for reply! This "screen" seems to be good, but I don't think
      > could make it possible to monitor all the instances of bittorrent, and
      > you have to telnet everytime you want to add a download/monitor the
      > status.
      > The daemon I've seen instead allow you to always monitor with a simple
      > utility what you are downloading, and also allow an easy way to add
      > new downloads: just putting .torrent files in a folder! So, can't we
      > work on this to make it run on linkstation?

      > <wedgemusic@y...> wrote:
      > > Darn, you beat me to it! Screen is the easiest way to run programs in
      > > the background. Just add "screen" before the program you wish to run.
      > > To resume the program use the command "screen -r". I am working on
      > > putting together a screen package for the PPC LinkStation. I'll post
      > > it on the LinkStationWiki when I'm done.
      > >
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "James Stewart"
    • prb0x
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 3, 2005
        Ooops that should be http://www.torrentflux.com/
        It's called TorrentFlux.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "prb0x" <al@t...> wrote:
        > Have you seen FluxTorrent?
        > http://www.fluxtorrent.com
        >
        > It requires you run mysql/apache/php so it's not for a regular
        > linkstation setup. You'd need to install a full distro to get this
        > going. It's a web based BitTorrent Client. I'm running it at the
        > moment but because it uses python it's a bit slow - though in the
        > forum there is a mod to make it run using ctorrent (precompiled C
        client).

        > Cheers,
        > Al

        , "James Stewart"
      • superg00fy
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 4, 2005
          Thanks you all for your reply, but now I've finally tryed mldonkey and
          seems to be the one for me: multi protocol, and with remote GUIs to
          manage it! I really like it and I'm trying it now to see how it can
          make my LS a download center ;-)
        • wedgemusic
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 4, 2005
            Did you download the version from the LinkStationWiki or did you
            compile your own? If you downloaded it from the wiki, how did you like
            the installation script? Any thoughts or suggestions?

            <supergoofy@k...> wrote:
            > Thanks you all for your reply, but now I've finally tryed mldonkey and
            > seems to be the one for me: multi protocol, and with remote GUIs to
            > manage it! I really like it and I'm trying it now to see how it can
            > make my LS a download center ;-)
          • superg00fy
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 4, 2005
              Yes, I've used the one on LinkStationWiki! I think the script is fine,
              but maybe I'd love to see the stuffs of mldonkey, not ALL in
              /usr/local/bin, where maybe other stuffs may go, but in a separate
              directory (for example /usr/local/bin/mldonkey, or something like
              /srv/mldonkey). That's only because mldonkey put a lot of
              files/directories when it start!

              Other than that I only had to tweak mldonkey settings to put
              temp/downloads on a hda3 mounted dir and make a little script to force
              it to run in it's own path (or it will fill of .ini files every
              directory where it's started) and to run in background.
              I've found a script that make it better: it has start/stop/status
              params to use it at system startup

              Now it seems to work very well with the remote gui i'm using (sancho)

              --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "wedgemusic"

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 4, 2005
                Can you post the script and your modifications please?

                <supergoofy@k...> wrote:
                > Yes, I've used the one on LinkStationWiki! I think the script is fine,
                > but maybe I'd love to see the stuffs of mldonkey, not ALL in
                > /usr/local/bin, where maybe other stuffs may go, but in a separate
                > directory (for example /usr/local/bin/mldonkey, or something like
                > /srv/mldonkey). That's only because mldonkey put a lot of
                > files/directories when it start!
                >
                > Other than that I only had to tweak mldonkey settings to put
                > temp/downloads on a hda3 mounted dir and make a little script to force
                > it to run in it's own path (or it will fill of .ini files every
                > directory where it's started) and to run in background.
                > I've found a script that make it better: it has start/stop/status
                > params to use it at system startup
                >
                > Now it seems to work very well with the remote gui i'm using (sancho)

                > <wedgemusic@y...> wrote:
                > > Did you download the version from the LinkStationWiki or did you
                > > compile your own? If you downloaded it from the wiki, how did you like
                > > the installation script? Any thoughts or suggestions?

              • pretzel_munster
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 6, 2005
                  Hi wedgemusic,

                  did you make any progress with the screen package for LS1? I would
                  love "screen" in combination with the Bittorrent package from Wiki
                  (which works great!). This tool would really solve all my needs at the
                  moment. See http://mandrivausers.org/lofiversion/index.php/t17941.html
                  for details on the easy usage of "screen".

                  I would really appreciate your efforts for the package!

                  Kind regards,

                  pretzel_munster.

                  <wedgemusic@y...> wrote:
                  > Darn, you beat me to it! Screen is the easiest way to run programs
                  in
                  > the background. Just add "screen" before the program you wish to
                  run.
                  > To resume the program use the command "screen -r". I am working on
                  > putting together a screen package for the PPC LinkStation. I'll post
                  > it on the LinkStationWiki when I'm done.
                  >
                  > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "James Stewart"
                  > <wartstew@y...> wrote:
                  > > There is the utility called "screen" which lets you "background"
                  an
                  > > entire shell (telnet) session, as well as have multiple sessions
                  > > running, then be able to reconnect to them later. Someone got it

                  > > working on the original LS1 a while back. I have it on my
                  > > Debianized one (but hardly used it because I use a graphical VNC
                  > > desktop instead).
                  > >
                  > > If you are interested in it and can't get it going, let me know
                  and
                  > > I might be able to come up with a version that will run for you
                  If
                  > > you have an LS-1. For an LS-2 you might need to hunt down an
                  LS-2