Re: Speeding up the FTP Server

  • wedgemusic
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005
      I wouldn't be concerned over a delay of only a few seconds, provided
      that transfer speeds are sufficient. I'm guessing it's a delay in
      authentication or reading the directory structure. Have you tried
      installing a different FTP daemon, such as vsftpd?

      <wartstew@y...> wrote:
      > This isn't a LS specific thing. I always have this delay when
      > accessing an FTP server. Despite that, I would kind of like to know
      > what is going on, and if there is any way to speed it up too.
      >
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Hodgson"
      > <andrew@h...> wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > When I FTP to it using the FTP command on a Linux box it takes
      > around 5
      > > seconds for the initial greeting to come up. It is slightly
      > quicker on
      > > directory listing, and the data transfer is fine.
      > >
      > > Andrew.

    • Christoph Steckelberg
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2005
        Hi

        Try adding your linkstation's ip and its hostname to /etc/hosts on
        the linkstation.

        Christoph