Re: Speeding up the FTP Server

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005
      This isn't a LS specific thing. I always have this delay when
      accessing an FTP server. Despite that, I would kind of like to know
      what is going on, and if there is any way to speed it up too.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Hodgson"
      <andrew@h...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > When I FTP to it using the FTP command on a Linux box it takes
      around 5
      > seconds for the initial greeting to come up. It is slightly
      quicker on
      > directory listing, and the data transfer is fine.
      >
      > Andrew.

    • wedgemusic
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005
        I wouldn't be concerned over a delay of only a few seconds, provided
        that transfer speeds are sufficient. I'm guessing it's a delay in
        authentication or reading the directory structure. Have you tried
        installing a different FTP daemon, such as vsftpd?

        <wartstew@y...> wrote:
        > This isn't a LS specific thing. I always have this delay when
        > accessing an FTP server. Despite that, I would kind of like to know
        > what is going on, and if there is any way to speed it up too.
        >
        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Hodgson"
        > <andrew@h...> wrote:
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > When I FTP to it using the FTP command on a Linux box it takes
        > around 5
        > > seconds for the initial greeting to come up. It is slightly
        > quicker on
        > > directory listing, and the data transfer is fine.
        > >
        > > Andrew.

      • Christoph Steckelberg
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2005
          Hi

          Try adding your linkstation's ip and its hostname to /etc/hosts on
          the linkstation.

          Christoph