Re: Re: LS ver.1 hard freezing ...

  • -/\-
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005
      Thanks, for the suggestion !
      I'll try that :)

      "James Ronald" <jronald@...> wrote in
      message news:001401c57f6d$70cb4660$6601a8c0@jr7cce2911b481...

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005
        It is odd that you can still ping it. If you have telnet access and
        you can keep it up long enough, it would be interesting to look
        through the logs in /var/log to see if there is any early warning
        about what is going on. My initial guess would be that your updated
        firmware got corrupted at some point, probably in downloading it.
        Download a new copy and run a file compare on them.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "-/\\-"

      • -/\-
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2005
          Looks like I found the problem
          When I leave it in frozen state for couple hrs it will turn it self off and
          report 6 red blinks on the diag LED
          Replaced HD and everything seem to be OK again
          I presume that it started disk scan and that's why it didn't respond.
          Strange thing is that the HD doesn't report any failure when using Seagate
          online tools ....

          "James Stewart" <wartstew@...> wrote in
          message news:da7ue9+ng4c@......