Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: External USB disk for backup

  • Peter Cassidy
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
      Well now I can't see the external USB drive at all?

      Nothing shows up in USB Details.

      I've tried connecting to both the USB interfaces on the Linkstation - no difference?

      Also tried powering the USB drive before and after starting the linkstation - no difference?

      Peter
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 20, 2005
        <peter@c...> wrote:
        > I have a Linkstation 120 running 1.45 firmware. I have connected
        to it a Buffalu USB 160GB drive to act as a backup device.

        > If I look in the USB Details it shows the USB drive OK. However I
        can't scan the drive, format the drive or setup the drive as a backup
        device.

        > What am I doing wrong?
        >
        > Is it possible that Buffalo USB drives don't work as backup drives
        on Buffalo linkstations?

        > Best Regards
        > Peter Cassidy
        >
        > Cassidy Consulting Ltd
        > Tel: 01323 521940
        > Fax: 01323 521948
        > Mobile: 07956 976236
        > Email: peter@c...
        >
        > Blainslie House
        > 6 Nevill Avenue
        > Eastbourne
        > East Sussex
        > BN22 9PT
        > UK
        >
        > Confidentiality notice:
        > The information contained in this email is confidential.
        > You may not use, copy, print or forward this to any
        > others parties or use it's contents in any way whatsoever.
        > If you are not the intended recipient we would appreciate
        > you replying to let us know that you received it incorrectly.

        Hi Peter,

        I have the same problem with my Linkstation II,
        ver. 2.05. The USB drive was working for two days afterwards
        I could't connect to the USB disc anymore. I tried everything,
        reflashed the firmware, used other USB drive, used different
        startup procedures. I got different states:

        1. I do not see the USB drive at all
        2. I see the USB drive in the browser USB setup page, but I can't
        access the drive, I can't format the drive
        3. The DIAG red LED on the Linkstation flashes six times
        periodically, I can't access the Linkstation at all

        Did you solve your problem already?

        Paul