Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: Linkstation firmware question

  • Peter Cassidy
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2005
      Thanks will try that out to see if it then supports PDC/Domains

      Regards
      Peter
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2005
        No 2.05 doesn't support domains either, this looks like a backward step from version 1.44?

        Peter
        On 30/06/2005 at 10:52 Peter Cassidy wrote:
        Thanks will try that out to see if it then supports PDC/Domains

        Regards
        Peter
        On 30/06/2005 at 09:32 balimbabullabe wrote:

        > Shall I stick with the version 2.00 on the new unit or can I
        > "downgrade" it to 1.44 to provide me the features I want?

        You can upgrade to 2.05 (perhaps this provides PDC support) but not
        downgrade to 1.x (different hardware, see
        http://frontalot.is-a-geek.net:81/index.cgi/FrequentlyAskedQuestions)

      • Jason Thorpe
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 26, 2006
          Hi all,
          I have a HD160 (uk model) which had version 2 firmware that I've
          upgraded to the US 2.05 so now I have PCast, and the blue web
          interface.

          I was wondering if I can still update my firmware to mipsel-openlink-
          052b.zip, and if I'll lose PCast or my data.
        • cherrytreeproduction
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 26, 2006
            have a look on this page: http://linkstationwiki.org/Projects/OpenLink

            mipsl-openlink 0.52b is based on Firmware 2.22. because of that pcast
            will still be there.

            additionaly your data won`t be deleted if you upgrade the firmware
            over the firmware-updater.
            but: backing up data is always a good choice before upgrading.

            openlink 0.52b (if you install the developement tools) gives you the
            option to compile applications from source.

            regards
            -- mindbender

            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Thorpe"