Re: Debian startup Pb

  • Frenchy
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 29, 2005
      I have add a similar problem. The best way to troubleshoot is to
      turn off from rc.d as many unneeded processes as possible before the
      LS reboots. Don't prevent system daemon from starting.

      Even if you take your disk out, you still have to troubleshoot what
      causes this problem. Above steps.
      Personnally I had this type of outcome when ppc_uartd was not
      running.
      -Sam.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "downlalaway"
      <downlalaway@y...> wrote:
      > yep lots of upcoming derived linux distros built on Debian -
      ubuntu,
      > mepis (Knoppix I think).
      >
      > Look forward to having a go once I get this boot problem out the
      way
      > -it starts and runs for about 5mins with power light flashing.
      Samba