Re: Cool'n Quiet LS... help to test on Debian

  • downlalaway
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 29, 2005
      yep lots of upcoming derived linux distros built on Debian - ubuntu,
      mepis (Knoppix I think).

      Look forward to having a go once I get this boot problem out the way
      -it starts and runs for about 5mins with power light flashing. Samba
      even works properly but after five mins it just crashes, switches off
      except the diag led flashing. ssh gets kicked out since its booting so
      have the drive out.

      Know enough to point me to some standard log files to see what's
      breaking down?

      Phil

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Frenchy "

    • Frenchy
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 29, 2005
        I have add a similar problem. The best way to troubleshoot is to
        turn off from rc.d as many unneeded processes as possible before the
        LS reboots. Don't prevent system daemon from starting.

        Even if you take your disk out, you still have to troubleshoot what
        causes this problem. Above steps.
        Personnally I had this type of outcome when ppc_uartd was not
        running.