Re: Question about boot sequence, and Gentoo

  • pappasnw
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "balimbabullabe"
      <balimbabullabe@y...> wrote:
      > Different people have different likings but I ask myself (although I
      > like the idea of gentoo) if it's really necessary to put gentoo on the
      > LS2. I worked with gentoo on my x86 and decided to move to other
      > distros (but this is just my preference)

      I'm just thinking different options overall. You're working on the
      Debian thing, so I thought I mighht try tinkering with something else.
      Heck - I even thought about Ubuntu for a few brief minutes. :)

      I'd have to do a lot of looking around before starting to rip the OS
      apart inside the LS, and you'll hopefully have an initial set of
      instructions for the new Debian setup by then. At that point my
      choices will be (1) beat my head against the wall trying to get
      something else on the LS or (2) put Debian on, and get rid of big ass
      server tower and monitor. Hm... ;)