Re: Is my Linkstation a brick? (No Link/ACT LED)

  • downlalaway
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2005
      Its a while since I did these things but on boot the power led should
      blink for sometime (a minute on mine before steady). If its can't find
      the hard disk it can flash briefly and then stop -only finds linux in
      the flash.

      Some ideas at :http://www.yamasita.jp/linkstation.en/avr.html

      After firmware install the IP address is reset (hence browser often
      lost). Did you also change the cross-over switch though so the Link
      led doesn't connect?

      Init switch does just a reset I think - nothing too bad.

      The main problem is if you powered off during the firmware install and
      it corrupted the flash. Its really the most(only?) dangerous area and
      it warns about it.
      If the flash is dead then it maybe too tricky to fix since it won't
      boot to the hard disc or have anything to accept firmware... May
      depend how long 'a little while' is before you switched off.

      If you can find something present with the IP setup utility (with your
      cable and switch connected correctly) it should be fixable and the
      flash is ok enough.

      Data will be recoverable by pulling hard drive from the LS and copying
      it on a linux box if its important.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Frank Bertling
      <F.Bertling@f...> wrote:
      > Hi Guys,
      >
      > while performing a backup I lost (browser) connection to my
      linkstation. So
      > after a little while I decided to switch off power. When I switched
      it on
      > again I still did not have any connection (LINK Led still not lit)
      So I tried