mt-daapd problems

  • shamael_2097
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2005
      Hi everybody, I recently got my Linkstation up and running again and
      now I am trying to set up mt-daapd from the precompiled binary.
      I configured the mt-daapd.conf and added the startup script I found in
      the mt-daapd howto in the files section, so here's my first question:
      I don't quite understand the syntax in the script, do I have to change
      the path "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib"?
      However, I also tried to start the daemon manually but I get "error
      while loading shared libraries: libid3tag.so.0"
      Oh well, I thought the package included everything...
      So I get back to the howto, install zlib fine and then I get to
      libid3tag which gives me problems with compiling: "configure: error:
      C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check"
      Note that I have the ppc-tools-v2 installed. Is a cpp subdirectory
      supposed to be in /lib? Because I checked and I don't have it.

      Any help would be VERY welcome!

      Shamael
    • wedgemusic
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25, 2005
        You're encountering the libid3tag error becase you need the ID3 tag
        library libid3tag0. I apologize for not noting this in my mt-daapd
        release. I'll make sure to add libid3tag0 to the next mt-daapd package
        release. The ppc-tools-v2 package doesn't include C++, only C. I'm
        considering adding C++ to the next release but that won't be for some
        time (I'm working on an auto-installation script first). I'll go ahead
        and send you libid3tag0 and a precompiled c++ package via email.

        PS: Please direct all questions about this and all my other releases
        to the LinkStationWiki forums.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "shamael_2097"