Re: Package installation

  • downlalaway
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 24, 2005
      I had to revert to linkstation OS before and start from scratch, when
      my debian install wouldn't boot properly.
      It's about recovering from that, but there's two lines about the
      reinstalling to stock OS.

      I seem to remember you had to find the IP address with the buffalo
      tool on your connected Win box. Then follow the upgrade procedure in
      the firmware zip. I think its was as easy as unzipping the file and
      then running the .exe.
      I used 1.4.5 but there's newer modded ones now on the wiki of course:-).

      A clean start may be quickest unless there's lots of other mods. It
      may well be possible to strip what you've put in, providing it didn't
      overwrite files. But know nothing about this since been using debian
      after first few days.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "wedgemusic"