Skip to search.

Configure errors

  • ianmcc2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2004
      I am trying to get my Kuro up and running. But I keep getting this whenever I try and ./
      configure, any ideas?

      checking for chosen layout... apr
      checking for gcc... gcc
      checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create
      executables
      See `config.log' for more details.
      /mnt/binary/httpd-2.0.52/srclib/apr/configure: sort: command not found
      /mnt/binary/httpd-2.0.52/srclib/apr/configure: sort: command not found
      configure failed for srclib/apr
      ./configure: sort: command not found
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2004
        --- ianmcc2000 <talk@...> wrote:

        > I am trying to get my Kuro up and running. But I
        > keep getting this whenever I try and ./
        > configure, any ideas?
        >
        > checking for chosen layout... apr
        > checking for gcc... gcc
        > checking for C compiler default output... configure:
        > error: C compiler cannot create
        > executables
        > See `config.log' for more details.

        > /mnt/binary/httpd-2.0.52/srclib/apr/configure: sort:

        I'm guessing that you are inside a whole linux
        fs/toolchain resisiding from "binary" on down. If so
        you probably have "sort" in /mnt/binary/usr/bin. If
        so, I'm pretty sure you need to do a "chroot
        /mnt/binary (^D or logout should get you out)" to
        properly get into your toolchain before compiling
        anything. If you don't have a "chroot" you can run I
        posted one in the "files" section of this group.

        I'm guessing on all this since I don't have a kurobox
        (Linkstation instead) so I'm not sure what
        instructions you are following are even what you are
        really trying to do.

        Otherwise, I think I have a "sort" that will work on
        that system as well. You are running all this on the
        Kurobox or are you doing a cross-compile on a Linux
        workstation?

        > command not found
        > /mnt/binary/httpd-2.0.52/srclib/apr/configure: sort:
        > command not found
        > configure failed for srclib/apr
        > ./configure: sort: command not found

        =====
        Having another person's trust is more powerful than all other management techniques put together. I have no legal or explicit power. I only have the power of having people's trust -- but that's a lot of power.

        Linus Torvalds (Leader of the Linux Kernel Project)

        Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
        www.yahoo.com
      • ianmcc2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 14, 2004
          > Otherwise, I think I have a "sort" that will work on
          > that system as well. You are running all this on the
          > Kurobox or are you doing a cross-compile on a Linux
          > workstation?

          It's all on the kuro. Thanks I am gonna try that!