Re: Problems with SlimServer install

  • jamy1975
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 14, 2004
      The difference is that when you run --daemon the process moves to the
      background and gives your telnet session back.

      Running just slimserver.pl leaves it in the forground, and takes over
      your telnet session.

      Either way will let you disconnect and have the slimserver still
      running. --daemon uses less memory as your telnet session is not also
      running.

      Jamy

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dbossler1" <zanbo@c...>