Re: Terastation Help?

  • balimbabullabe
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "simono71" <simono71@n...>

      try www.terastation.org

      > Basically I have hacked the firmware and managed to get in with ssh
      > access.
      >
      > I changed the default mode on my 1.0tb teratation from linear to raid0
      > expecting to see a performance boost. I have not noticed any increase
      > so was looking for some help to see if anyone else has done this.

      even if the harddrives performance increases using raid0 I don't think
      you will get this higher performance across the wire.
      My LS2 has a drive which (alone) transfers 35MB/s but over the wire
      you get much less (because there is a limit of 100MBit, is does not
      even use full duplex=200MBit)
      Even if you had gigabit connection the cpu is too slow to transfer
      much data.