Re: Connection from the pc to the linkstation very slow

  • haberschnasel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 20, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "meichrie" <meichrie@y...>
      wrote:
      > Since a few days the connection from my pc to the linkstation is
      very
      > slow (~100kB/s) and it makes me crazy!!! :-(
      >
      > Linkstation 2, Firmware updated to 2.05
      >
      > Things I tried already:
      >
      > I reset the Linkstation
      > I changed the cables
      > Made a direct connection between PC and Linkstation
      > I tried Windows XP and Linux (SUSE 9.3)
      > I tried a different PC

      Michael-

      I experience this behaviour: Using Thunderbird Mail under XP pro and
      having my mail account data on my LS1 (1.45_13), from time to time the
      transfer speed is as slow as you posted it. It happens (or I notice it
      happen) sometimes (no always) when moving big bunches of mail around.
      While I write this post, I wait for some 1200 emails being moved from
      one folder to another. Do I have to say how much this sucks? But I see
      no solution, normal file access using WinXP has full speed at the very
      same time. Maybe some protocol issue that has to do with manipulating
      large files? I don't know.

      Cheers,
      h.