Re: Editing Twonkyvision .ini File

  • han320yah
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 19, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "gouldyis"
      <gouldyis@y...> wrote:
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "han320yah"
      <b747@o...>
      > wrote:
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "gouldyis"
      > > <gouldyis@y...> wrote:
      > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "han320yah"
      > > <b747@o...>
      > > config.html

      > on
      > > > the
      > > running.
      > > port

      > message
      > > > and

      > suggestions
      > > > how

      > > > Hi, when you first ran twonky it should have created an HTML
      > > > document and the .ini file in the folder it runs from. So they
      > > > should both be accesible to you via your LS web browser in the
      > > > folder you created - media and then in the subfolder Server.
      > > >
      > > > The red page is because you need to set a file in the .ini
      > called
      > > > enableweb to 2, allowing access.
      > > >
      > > > I changed the .ini file using EditPad Pro you can get a trial
      > > > version.
      > > >
      > > > Hope it helps
      > >
      > > Thanks for the info. I had followed the advive in the 'How To'
      > > document of this group to install Twonky. It advised creating a
      > > directory called /mnt/media/Server which I did through Telnet.
      > This
      > > directory is not available through the web interface for the
      LS.
      > > don't know why but someone here will. However I did fix the
      > problem
      > > with a work round. I copied the .ini file to one of the folders
      > > that is showing and then edited it from there. I then copied it
      > > back and restarted Twonky. The web interface for Twonky now
      works
      > > fine. Now all I have to do is configure it to look for my media
      > in
      > > the correct folders. At the minute it's running but I can't
      seem
      > > point it to the correct folder. I've created folders for music,
      > > photos and video within the linkstation, separate from the share
      > > folder. What do I need to put in the contentdir field for
      Twonky
      > > work?
      > >
      > > Thanks Again.
      >
      > Should be able to put - contentdir /mnt/"folderyouwanttoaccess".
      >
      > If you created another folder called 'media' the way you created
      > pic, music and videos, you should be able to access twonky .ini
      etc
      > for future ref..

      Thanks I'm finally getting there!! Have successfully added my music
      folder by using the tip above i.e. "contentdir=/mnt/hda" for me as
      that's where the music, photos etc folders are.

      Creating a folder called 'media' does not display the .ini file etc
      but I know why. As per the instructions, I created a directory
      called /mnt/media/Server. This has been created but not within
      the /mnt/hda folder which is what the web interface looks at. Would
      it be prudent to change the directory to within the /mnt/hda
      directory? Can anyone suggest why the guide gets you to create a
      directory you can't see within the web interface?

      So happy it's working and now streaming happily from the LS to my
      Philips SL400i. Took a while mind you....