Re: Stuck ?. . . Twonky server

  • Frenchy
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 18, 2005
      hey "cgjonesp900"

      Huston you have a problem - Indeed your Twonky server should run
      longer than 2 minutes... What that tells me is you are good to roll
      up your sleeves to do some troubleshooting (see TS steps in my HowTo
      file)

      I should also point for you reference that:
      - You can learn something by reading the ReadMe's, the Notes, the
      HowTo's and searching other web postings. Even consider sinking $10
      on a Linux book (engine inside this box)

      - Nobody can hold your hand to the point were this ride will be
      like Windows "Plug-N-Pray". This is a user forum, not an OEM tech
      support line.

      What you are experiencing is the learning curve - Other people did
      spend the time sweating over the same details before you and have
      posted solutions & sripts for you to read.

      One last thing for reference:
      Twonky does not restart well on a dime. This is why the restart loop
      in my script has time delay.
      Often you have to wait for the TCP/UDP port to become free before
      Twonky can call it again.
      If you need to restart often, you may be able to find a solution
      around the port logic which I ignore.

      Sam aka SanFrenchysco.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "cgjonesp900"