Re: Linkstation Giga version

  • Trevor
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Schott
      <jonathan@s...> wrote:
      > Gigabit Linkstation is *NOT* the Terastation. There is a Linkstation
      > with Gigabit network interface in Japan already, unfortenately I don't
      > know its size.

      According to the following pages the HD-HGLAN is PowerPC and looks the
      same as the other Linkstations.

      http://www.yamasita.jp/linkstation.en/hardware.html

      http://buffalo.melcoinc.co.jp/products/catalog/item/h/hd-hglan/

      - Trevor
    • jleckart
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 18, 2005
        It looks exactly the same as the first LinkStation.

        There is a review at Tom's Networking...
        http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Reviews-207-ProdID-HDHG250LAN.php

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Art Age <artagesw@y...>
        wrote:
        > And I'd like to know if it shares the same form factor
        > as the previous LinkStations. The specs seem to
        > indicate a much larger enclosure, but I wonder if that
        > might be a mistake. Can anyone confirm the dimensions
        > of the new Gigabit LinkStation?
        >
        > --- jceklosk <jceklosk@y...> wrote:
        >
        > > Anyone with the new gigabit version of the
        > > Linkstation?
        > >
        > > I would like to knows if it PPC or MIPS based.
        > >
        > > I know the Kuro gigabit version is PPC.

        > http://mail.yahoo.com
      • irvine_stock
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 21, 2005
          It is the exact same thing. What looks bigger but the price tag?
          2.4 x 6.94 x 7.4in.
          It the faster PPC. The board looks exactly the same as a Kuro HG. It
          looks to me like a white KuroHG with a different firmware in it.
          Pretty much the same trick they played on the Kuro and the LinkStation
          except the kuro did not get the front USB connector. The KuroHG did.

          Rich
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jleckart" <jeckart@m...>