No root access with Modified Firmware 1.47 from LinkstationWiki

  • fraubi12
    Message 1 of 35 , Jun 2, 2005
      Hi,

      a have a question about the modified Firmware 1.47 for Buffalo
      Linkstation.

      I installed this Firmware on my Linkstation, but i don't get root
      access. I think with this firmware i can directly log in root with
      the
      default root username and password "root" But when i try to log in
      with a telnet connection my linkstation told me, that the login is
      incorrect.

      What went wrong an what must i do to get root access.

      Thanks for your help
      Andreas
    • pcplob
      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 9, 2005
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Scott Garfinkle
        <scottegos2@s...> wrote:
        > I've taken all the pcast files from my linkstation (v1.47 fw),
        > including the /etc/pcast, /etc/rc.d files, pcastd, and
        /www/.../pcast
        > stuff. There is something funky about the pcast.conf, though --
        both the
        > web scripts and pcastd (on startup to stderr) report that there are
        no
        > shares available. I can only guess that the samba shares are somehow
        > reported in a different place on the LS1.47 than on the kurobox
        1.02?

        > Any suggestions?
        >
        > regards,
        > Scott mailto:scottegos2@s...

        I got it *partly* working on my Kurobox - I think I took the
        /etc/pcast stuff from the group files section (from 1.46 - not sure if
        this was different to 1.47...), turned on all the pcast options in the
        .conf, copied over the pcastd & added a link in the /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/
        dir to get it to run automatically.

        Now, I say 'got it partly working' because it runs, but refuses to
        display the files in the local share directory. Interestingly, it
        *will* play them, if you select the play all button...

        Did you manage to get a local share to work, or were you trying to
        access something mounted from another box?

        Cheers, ~Plob~