Linkstation Giga version

  • jceklosk
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2005
      Anyone with the new gigabit version of the Linkstation?

      I would like to knows if it PPC or MIPS based.

      I know the Kuro gigabit version is PPC.
    • Art Age
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2005
        And I'd like to know if it shares the same form factor
        as the previous LinkStations. The specs seem to
        indicate a much larger enclosure, but I wonder if that
        might be a mistake. Can anyone confirm the dimensions
        of the new Gigabit LinkStation?

        --- jceklosk <jceklosk@...> wrote:

        > Anyone with the new gigabit version of the
        > Linkstation?
        >
        > I would like to knows if it PPC or MIPS based.
        >
        > I know the Kuro gigabit version is PPC.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • snatcher93
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2005
          Gigabi Linkstation aka terastation is a 4 IDE (4*250GB = 1 TB) drive
          enclosure, so it's much bigger then the linkstation !

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Art Age <artagesw@y...> wrote:
          > And I'd like to know if it shares the same form factor
          > as the previous LinkStations. The specs seem to
          > indicate a much larger enclosure, but I wonder if that
          > might be a mistake. Can anyone confirm the dimensions
          > of the new Gigabit LinkStation?
          >
          > --- jceklosk <jceklosk@y...> wrote:
          >
          > > Anyone with the new gigabit version of the
          > > Linkstation?
          > >
          > > I would like to knows if it PPC or MIPS based.
          > >
          > > I know the Kuro gigabit version is PPC.

          > http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Jonathan Schott
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3, 2005
            snatcher93 schrieb:
            > Gigabi Linkstation aka terastation is a 4 IDE (4*250GB = 1 TB) drive
            > enclosure, so it's much bigger then the linkstation !

            Gigabit Linkstation is *NOT* the Terastation. There is a Linkstation
            with Gigabit network interface in Japan already, unfortenately I don't
            know its size.

            Best regards,
            Jonathan
          • Trevor
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 3, 2005
              --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Schott
              <jonathan@s...> wrote:
              > Gigabit Linkstation is *NOT* the Terastation. There is a Linkstation
              > with Gigabit network interface in Japan already, unfortenately I don't
              > know its size.

              As a guess I'd say it was PowerPC. The Kuro Box HG and the
              TeraStation both have GigE interfaces and are PowerPC based.

              - Trevor
            • Trevor
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 3, 2005
                <jonathan@s...> wrote:
                > Gigabit Linkstation is *NOT* the Terastation. There is a Linkstation
                > with Gigabit network interface in Japan already, unfortenately I don't
                > know its size.

                According to the following pages the HD-HGLAN is PowerPC and looks the
                same as the other Linkstations.

                http://www.yamasita.jp/linkstation.en/hardware.html

                http://buffalo.melcoinc.co.jp/products/catalog/item/h/hd-hglan/

                - Trevor
              • jleckart
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 18, 2005
                  It looks exactly the same as the first LinkStation.

                  There is a review at Tom's Networking...
                  http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Reviews-207-ProdID-HDHG250LAN.php

                  wrote:
                  > And I'd like to know if it shares the same form factor
                  > as the previous LinkStations. The specs seem to
                  > indicate a much larger enclosure, but I wonder if that
                  > might be a mistake. Can anyone confirm the dimensions
                  > of the new Gigabit LinkStation?
                  >
                  > --- jceklosk <jceklosk@y...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Anyone with the new gigabit version of the
                  > > Linkstation?
                  > >
                  > > I would like to knows if it PPC or MIPS based.
                  > >
                  > > I know the Kuro gigabit version is PPC.

                  > http://mail.yahoo.com
                • irvine_stock
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 21, 2005
                    It is the exact same thing. What looks bigger but the price tag?
                    2.4 x 6.94 x 7.4in.
                    It the faster PPC. The board looks exactly the same as a Kuro HG. It
                    looks to me like a white KuroHG with a different firmware in it.
                    Pretty much the same trick they played on the Kuro and the LinkStation
                    except the kuro did not get the front USB connector. The KuroHG did.

                    Rich
                    --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jleckart" <jeckart@m...>