printer support with debianized Linkstation?

  • cherrytreeproduction
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1 6:26 AM
      Hi!

      How is the situation with printers attached to a debianized Linkstation?

      I read through the wiki and i found almost everything i needed...i
      miss only a section about how to set up a printer that is shared via
      samba.

      i mean i even dont need a network printer (where i dont need to
      install the printer driver on each client; i think this would be
      possible with CUPS), i only need it that way it is done with the
      original firmware.

      Besides it would be great to be able to install a postscript printing
      mechanism like ghostscript for creating PDFs...that would also be a
      nice feature...

      Regards
      mindbender
    • downlalaway
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1 8:12 AM
        <cherrytreeproduction@y...> wrote:
        > Hi!
        >
        > How is the situation with printers attached to a debianized Linkstation?
        >
        > I read through the wiki and i found almost everything i needed...i
        > miss only a section about how to set up a printer that is shared via
        > samba.
        >
        > i mean i even dont need a network printer (where i dont need to
        > install the printer driver on each client; i think this would be
        > possible with CUPS), i only need it that way it is done with the
        > original firmware.
        >
        > Besides it would be great to be able to install a postscript printing
        > mechanism like ghostscript for creating PDFs...that would also be a
        > nice feature...

        Yes, would be for me too. Its proving the most difficult bit of the
        usb to crack. I've even can do a scan with my Epson printer/scanner,
        but not the printer yet...