Re: my linkstation can't run debian! anyone can help me?

  • downlalaway
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "peter"
      <peter_pai.tw@y...> wrote:
      > i just get my linkstation HD-H120LAN,
      > and i do all procress with "2_How to Install Debian.rtf" in files.
      >
      > but my linkstation can't work.......why??
      >
      > am i lose something??
      >
      > my linkstation firmware must update?
      >

      > thanks!
      I answer as best I can - does it boot, have you forgot to reset the
      jumper setting back to cable select?
      If its really not connecting through telnet user tmp-kun then I've
      done a posting on how to restore it to the linkstation firmware (I
      don't know if it will work if you've used the kuro-box install which
      may change the flash). Effectively check if the lights are ok -power
      led flashes for 6 seconds and then green if it can't find anything on
      the hard drive. If it does it take 20secs +.
      If there's a red led you need to check the hardware.
      Use the IP setup utility to see if its there
      In fact did you make sure you set your ip to your correct address -is
      a firewall preventing you connecting?
      Other install guides are :
      'How to Install Debain on Linkstation 1'
      and http://frontalot.is-a-geek.net:81 (which I used)

      best of luck
    • downlalaway
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "downlalaway"
        <downlalaway@y...> wrote:
        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "peter"
        > <peter_pai.tw@y...> wrote:
        > > i just get my linkstation HD-H120LAN,
        > > and i do all procress with "2_How to Install Debian.rtf" in files.
        > >
        > > but my linkstation can't work.......why??
        > >
        > > am i lose something??
        > >
        > > my linkstation firmware must update?
        > >

        > > thanks!
        > I answer as best I can - does it boot, have you forgot to reset the
        > jumper setting back to cable select?
        > If its really not connecting through telnet user tmp-kun then I've
        > done a posting on how to restore it to the linkstation firmware (I
        > don't know if it will work if you've used the kuro-box install which
        > may change the flash). Effectively check if the lights are ok -power
        > led flashes for 6 seconds and then green if it can't find anything on
        > the hard drive. If it does it take 20secs +.
        > If there's a red led you need to check the hardware.
        > Use the IP setup utility to see if its there
        > In fact did you make sure you set your ip to your correct address -is
        > a firewall preventing you connecting?
        > Other install guides are :
        > 'How to Install Debain on Linkstation 1'
        > and http://frontalot.is-a-geek.net:81 (which I used)
        >
        > best of luck
        Whoops the first install method doesn't work yet use the great
        frontalot wiki by wedgemusic.
      • peter
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
          <downlalaway@y...> wrote:
          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "downlalaway"
          > <downlalaway@y...> wrote:
          > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "peter"
          > > <peter_pai.tw@y...> wrote:
          > > > i just get my linkstation HD-H120LAN,
          > > > and i do all procress with "2_How to Install Debian.rtf" in files.
          > > >
          > > > but my linkstation can't work.......why??
          > > >
          > > > am i lose something??
          > > >
          > > > my linkstation firmware must update?
          > > >

          > > > thanks!
          > > I answer as best I can - does it boot, have you forgot to reset the
          > > jumper setting back to cable select?
          > > If its really not connecting through telnet user tmp-kun then I've
          > > done a posting on how to restore it to the linkstation firmware (I
          > > don't know if it will work if you've used the kuro-box install which
          > > may change the flash). Effectively check if the lights are ok -power
          > > led flashes for 6 seconds and then green if it can't find anything on
          > > the hard drive. If it does it take 20secs +.
          > > If there's a red led you need to check the hardware.
          > > Use the IP setup utility to see if its there
          > > In fact did you make sure you set your ip to your correct address -is
          > > a firewall preventing you connecting?
          > > Other install guides are :
          > > 'How to Install Debain on Linkstation 1'
          > > and http://frontalot.is-a-geek.net:81 (which I used)
          > >
          > > best of luck
          > Whoops the first install method doesn't work yet use the great
          > frontalot wiki by wedgemusic.

          thank you very much!
          I already know why can't run debian on my linkstation.
          because my linkstation is V2.....MIPS