what would i loose if i upgrade my firmware?

  • cherrytreeproduction
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2005
      I have a hacked LS 1 with FW 1.45_13. i have installed various apps
      like ssh, twonky mediaserver usw... i have a customized samba which
      never really worked (dont know why) and a folder on the harddisk for
      debian where i can chroot in....various things like chroot are in the
      /usr/bin - folder that i can use it everywhere easily.

      What would i loose if i upgrade to FW 1.47_modified?

      I would guess that i would loose all changes that are not saved on the
      share-partition. i mean that everything is lost but the debian-folder...

      Not that i want to do this, but it is unclear for me what changes and
      what not if i upgrade.

      Thanks!

      Regards
      Mindbender