Re: LS1: OpenVPN?

  • lalunas10
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "James Stewart" <wartstew@y...> wrote:
      > <wedgemusic@y...> wrote:
      > > Sorry, I'm running a Debian-converted LinkStation I with the
      > > additional modules package. Perhaps you could try creating a
      > > custom firmware with the tun modules included?
      >
      > They don't need Debian to install extra kernel modules. They will
      > need load them in a script somewhere however. They will also have
      > to fight the infamous "dependency hell" problems getting OpenVPN to
      > compile and run in the first place that us Debian users are mostly
      > immune to. ... Actually I just checked and it looks like all they
      > have to make sure they have (other than the obvious libc6) is a
      > compatible libssl and liblzo1.

      Compiling OpenVPN 2.0 on a stock LS 1 is no problem, provided you have the kuro
      openssl binary installed. LZO compression is optional. The ./configure script will tell you
      what to do if it's not installed, and disabling LZO in the openvpn configuration is trivial.
      Just I would need to get the tun module to make use of it.

      -Andre