Re: LS1: OpenVPN?

  • lalunas10
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "wedgemusic" <wedgemusic@y...> wrote:
      > Is that a stock or Debian-converted LinkStation? I've successfully
      > installed OpenVPN on a Debian LinkStation I.

      It's a stock LS 1.

      -Andre
    • lalunas10
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "James Stewart" <wartstew@y...> wrote:
        > <wedgemusic@y...> wrote:
        > > Sorry, I'm running a Debian-converted LinkStation I with the
        > > additional modules package. Perhaps you could try creating a
        > > custom firmware with the tun modules included?
        >
        > They don't need Debian to install extra kernel modules. They will
        > need load them in a script somewhere however. They will also have
        > to fight the infamous "dependency hell" problems getting OpenVPN to
        > compile and run in the first place that us Debian users are mostly
        > immune to. ... Actually I just checked and it looks like all they
        > have to make sure they have (other than the obvious libc6) is a
        > compatible libssl and liblzo1.

        Compiling OpenVPN 2.0 on a stock LS 1 is no problem, provided you have the kuro
        openssl binary installed. LZO compression is optional. The ./configure script will tell you
        what to do if it's not installed, and disabling LZO in the openvpn configuration is trivial.
        Just I would need to get the tun module to make use of it.

        -Andre