Re: Status of RevoGear web sites?

  • snatcher93
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
      Hi !
      Do anyone have any (good?) news ?
      I ordered a Kuro Box HG 3 days ago, i hope i will get it one day ...

      Sylver

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Art Wallace" <art@c...>
      wrote:
      > Anyone know the status of these sites? I get this message when
      visiting
      > the main web page <http://www.revogear.com/> , the forum
      > <http://www.revogear.com/forums/> and the wiki
      > <http://www.revogear.com/online/> :
      >

      > This Account Has Been Suspended
      > Please contact the billing/support department as soon as
      > possible.
      >
      > There was talk on the forums that Sven was going to move the sites
      to a
      > new host soon. Any ideas how that went?
      >

      > Art Wallace
      > art@c...
    • asalvari
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
        Hmm, I was ordering it yesterday (31 of may), and I talked with Sven
        and somebody in the finance department (I could not order it on their
        website)

        Sven said that the website will be back today (that is 31 of may, ha
        ha) and the finance dep person called back to tell me that the order
        was processed.

        I got feeling that they are still in bussines.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "snatcher93"
        <snatcher93@r...> wrote:
        > Hi !
        > Do anyone have any (good?) news ?
        > I ordered a Kuro Box HG 3 days ago, i hope i will get it one day ...
        >
        > Sylver
        >
        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Art Wallace" <art@c...>
        > wrote:
        > > Anyone know the status of these sites? I get this message when
        > visiting
        > > the main web page <http://www.revogear.com/> , the forum
        > > <http://www.revogear.com/forums/> and the wiki
        > > <http://www.revogear.com/online/> :
        > >

        > > This Account Has Been Suspended
        > > Please contact the billing/support department as soon as
        > > possible.
        > >
        > > There was talk on the forums that Sven was going to move the sites
        > to a
        > > new host soon. Any ideas how that went?
        > >

        > > Art Wallace
        > > art@c...
      • Art Wallace
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
          They are back up at:
          http://www.kurobox.com
          http://www.kurobox.com/forums/
          http://www.kurobox.com/online/

          Good news to be sure.

          Art Wallace
          art@...

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
            Are you sure they are back, anyone can go in?

            I am just getting this:

            This is the placeholder for domain kurobox.com. If you see this page
            after uploading site content you probably have not replaced the
            index.html file.

            Thanks,

            Manuel.

            wrote:
            > They are back up at:
            > http://www.kurobox.com
            > http://www.kurobox.com/forums/
            > http://www.kurobox.com/online/
            >
            > Good news to be sure.
            >

            > Art Wallace
            > art@c...

          • snatcher93
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
              It's working for me !
              But now http://www.revolutionstore.com/ is down :(

              --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "mdelatorre"
              <mdltorre@g...> wrote:
              > Are you sure they are back, anyone can go in?
              >
              > I am just getting this:
              >
              > This is the placeholder for domain kurobox.com. If you see this page
              > after uploading site content you probably have not replaced the
              > index.html file.
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > Manuel.

            • Art Wallace
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
                Yes, it's working for me too. I can access both the forums and the wiki.
                But there is a bug when you log into the forum. After login it will try
                to redirect you to revogear.com. But since that site is down you just
                get a blank page. So then you need to revisit the
                http://www.kurobox.com/forums/ URL to be logged in.

                Art Wallace
                art@...

                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 2, 2005
                  It looks like the server split is underway! This will herald a new for
                  kuroboxers. It also means potentially more community control over the wiki.
                  Once things settle out maybe we can talk about how to marry (NOT merge) the 2
                  wiki-s so that the info can really be consolodated.
                  Thanks
                  Brian
                  On Thursday 02 June 2005 2:29 am, Art Wallace wrote:

                  > <tt>
                  > Hi,<BR>
                  > Yes, it's working for me too. I can access both the forums and the
                  > wiki.<BR> But there is a bug when you log into the forum. After login it
                  > will try<BR> to redirect you to revogear.com. But since that site is down
                  > you just<BR> get a blank page. So then you need to revisit the<BR>
                  > URL to be logged in.<BR> <BR>
                  > <BR>
                  > <BR>
                  > <BR>
                  > Art Wallace<BR>
                  > art@...<BR>
                  > <BR>
                  > -----Original Message-----<BR>

                • wedgemusic
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 2, 2005
                    The LinkStationWiki has InterWiki capabilities (it provides easy,
                    seamless links from one wiki to another). Does anyone know if the Kuro
                    wiki does too? If so, it should be fairly easy to integrate the
                    information on each wiki.

                    --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Brian Waite <linwoes@g...>

                    href="http://www.kurobox.com/forums/">http://www.kurobox.com/forums/</a>
                    > > URL to be logged in.<BR> <BR>
                    > > <BR>
                    > > <BR>
                    > > <BR>
                    > > Art Wallace<BR>
                    > > art@c...<BR>
                    > > <BR>
                    > > -----Original Message-----<BR>

                  • Brian Waite
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 2, 2005
                      I won't know until the move is complete. In the past it was running tikiwiki.
                      There may be the ability to change the wiki server to something more workable
                      if needed tho,.

                      Thanks
                      Brian

                    • David
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 3, 2005
                        wrote:
                        > They are back up at:
                        > http://www.kurobox.com
                        > http://www.kurobox.com/forums/
                        > http://www.kurobox.com/online/

                        I can't get registered for editing the wiki.
                        http://www.kurobox.com/online/tiki-register.php

                        Gives a "wrong reg code" error even though I'm entering the right code.

                        DB error pointing to the wrong site?

                        Thanks,
                        David Troesch
                      • Art Wallace
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 3, 2005
                          Same bug as before. The site's back to where it was before the outage.
                          Hopefully they will start making improvements soon.

                          Art Wallace
                          art@...

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 3, 2005
                            There is still a bit of work to be done on the Revo Site. The sever is being
                            migrated and once this happens i can get in there and update software and fix
                            registration. I'll keep the list here informed.

                            Thanks
                            Brian