Fw: [LinkStation_General] Re: POSTED: Custom 1.47 firmware with telnet daemon in

  • wedgemusic
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2005
      OK, the "ayes" have it. I have renamed it to 1.47_modified.

    • TechHeavy
      Message 2 of 8 , May 31, 2005
        > OK, the "ayes" have it. I have renamed it to 1.47_modified.

        Wedge, thanks for posting this firmware mod. I did a similar thing but
        it's more of a patch to the stock 1.47 firmware, and as a result the
        download is only 18KB: http://www.sowbug.org/mt/archives/000180.html.

        Mine isn't tested, and I'm sure it's not as polished as yours. I made
        it only as a proof of concept for a distribution mechanism. If
        everyone starts with a copy of the official 1.47 Linkstation firmware
        and then we distribute tiny patch files, then bandwidth won't be a big
        issue.
      • TechHeavy
        Message 3 of 8 , May 31, 2005
          > download is only 18KB: http://www.sowbug.org/mt/
          archives/000180.html.

          That's a bummer -- Yahoo decided to make the period at the end of the
          sentence part of the link. Try this:

          http://www.sowbug.org/mt/archives/000180.html
        • cherrytreeproduction
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "TechHeavy"
            <mike.tsao@g...> wrote:
            > > download is only 18KB: http://www.sowbug.org/mt/
            > archives/000180.html.
            >
            > That's a bummer -- Yahoo decided to make the period at the end of the
            > sentence part of the link. Try this:
            >
            > http://www.sowbug.org/mt/archives/000180.html

            the link is working but when i click on "this tarball" i get a "404
            not found" for /mt/archives/mt/archives/mod_ls_firmware.tar.gz.

            BUT: A very nice idea to do a script which modifies the standard
            firmware. Because that way you dont need to upload and host a 37 mb
            big file....that saves time and bandwidth. i am indifferent in
            downloading a full featured firmware or a script that performes the
            changes....if everything works :p

            Regards
            Mindbender
          • TechHeavy
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
              > the link is working but when i click on "this tarball" i get a "404
              > not found" for /mt/archives/mt/archives/mod_ls_firmware.tar.gz.

              Thanks, Mindbender. I fixed it (it worked on my blog home page but not
              on the archived article page). I shouldn't write HTML so late at
              night.

              Download is http://www.sowbug.org/mt/archives/mod_ls_firmware.tar.gz

              Article is http://www.sowbug.org/mt/archives/000180.html
            • cherrytreeproduction
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
                <mike.tsao@g...> wrote:
                > > the link is working but when i click on "this tarball" i get a "404
                > > not found" for /mt/archives/mt/archives/mod_ls_firmware.tar.gz.
                >
                > Thanks, Mindbender. I fixed it (it worked on my blog home page but not
                > on the archived article page). I shouldn't write HTML so late at
                > night.
                >
                > Download is http://www.sowbug.org/mt/archives/mod_ls_firmware.tar.gz
                >
                > Article is http://www.sowbug.org/mt/archives/000180.html

                Download is working now...

                If i understand right it is possible to run this script on a
                linux-machine...even on the LS itself i think.

                Can you write a short tutorial how to use your script in the wiki?

                http://frontalot.is-a-geek.net:81/

                Because for a Windows-User it is not clear how to use it.

                Thanks!

                Regards
                Mindbender
              • wedgemusic
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
                  I agree, write an article for the wiki! And yes, I changed the root
                  password to "root" in the 1.47_modified firmware.