Re: LS1: OpenVPN?

  • wedgemusic
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31 11:15 AM
      I'm still working on a tutorial. Hopefully I'll have it posted soon :)

      <wartstew@y...> wrote:
      > <wedgemusic@y...> wrote:
      > > Sorry, I'm running a Debian-converted LinkStation I with the
      > > additional modules package. Perhaps you could try creating a
      > > custom firmware with the tun modules included?
      >
      > They don't need Debian to install extra kernel modules. They will
      > need load them in a script somewhere however. They will also have
      > to fight the infamous "dependency hell" problems getting OpenVPN to
      > compile and run in the first place that us Debian users are mostly
      > immune to. ... Actually I just checked and it looks like all they
      > have to make sure they have (other than the obvious libc6) is a
      > compatible libssl and liblzo1.
      >
      > So hopefully you can eventually tell us what all you did to get it
      > to work in Debian at least?
    • lalunas10
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "wedgemusic" <wedgemusic@y...> wrote:
        > Is that a stock or Debian-converted LinkStation? I've successfully
        > installed OpenVPN on a Debian LinkStation I.

        It's a stock LS 1.

        -Andre
      • lalunas10
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "James Stewart" <wartstew@y...> wrote:
          > <wedgemusic@y...> wrote:
          > > Sorry, I'm running a Debian-converted LinkStation I with the
          > > additional modules package. Perhaps you could try creating a
          > > custom firmware with the tun modules included?
          >
          > They don't need Debian to install extra kernel modules. They will
          > need load them in a script somewhere however. They will also have
          > to fight the infamous "dependency hell" problems getting OpenVPN to
          > compile and run in the first place that us Debian users are mostly
          > immune to. ... Actually I just checked and it looks like all they
          > have to make sure they have (other than the obvious libc6) is a
          > compatible libssl and liblzo1.

          Compiling OpenVPN 2.0 on a stock LS 1 is no problem, provided you have the kuro
          openssl binary installed. LZO compression is optional. The ./configure script will tell you
          what to do if it's not installed, and disabling LZO in the openvpn configuration is trivial.
          Just I would need to get the tun module to make use of it.

          -Andre