Re: Download-Manager for the linkstation?

    Message 1 of 11 , May 31, 2005
      <cherrytreeproduction@y...> wrote:

      > i have a debian folder on /mnt/debian and i can chroot into
      > it...there wget is available... thats exactly what i needed
      > because i am a usenet user.

      Glad it all worked out for you.

      > i tried to get alien running, but that isnt easy. i didnt find a
      > debian package of alien for ppc..just for x386.

      I have it in at least the Sid repository, it might have been kicked
      out of Woody at the last minute for not passing Debian's quality
      standards at the time.

      > "apt-get install screen" terminates on my linkstation with the
      > error that it cant retrieve all files correctly. i should try a
      > apt-get --fix-missing or apt-get update. that didnt changed much.

      What was the full actual error message? Note that unless you
      changed it, that Debian distro tries to get all it's stuff from a
      Japanese site (edit etc/apt/sources.list) which might be part of the
      problem.

      > i dont know if i need screen because my LS continuesly downloads
      > even when i close the ssh-session...

      I guess not, I stand corrected.