LS 1: Additional Kernel Module

  • lalunas10
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2005
      Hi there!

      I need to compile an additional kernel module, tun, against

      Linux (none) 2.4.17_mvl21-sandpoint #990 2004? 5?? 21?? ?????? 13:39:00 JST ppc
      unknown

      which looks like a versioned kernel to me indeed. To make it worse, even not all characters
      are displayed correctly on my terminal. So I grabbed the 2.4.17_mvl21-sandpoint sources,
      but how to proceed from there? I looked for a kernel config, but couldn't find one. Are there
      any step-by-step instructions? I'm not on Debian, and planning to load the module thru /
      etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh

      Here's the deal: you help me getting the kernel module running, I'll write OpenVPN
      instructions for the Wiki :)

      -Andre
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2005
        <lalunas10@y...> wrote:

        > but how to proceed from there? I looked for a kernel config, but
        > couldn't find one. Are there any step-by-step instructions?

        A couple of people had done it and wrote a little bit about it on
        the kurobox wiki, if we'll ever see it again

        > Here's the deal: you help me getting the kernel module running,
        > I'll write OpenVPN instructions for the Wiki :)

        I was looking at OpenVPN too, Wedgemusic says he's got it working
        on his LS1 so I guess the "tun" support must be compiled into the
        kernel already.
      • lalunas10
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "James Stewart" <wartstew@y...> wrote:
          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "lalunas10"
          > <lalunas10@y...> wrote:
          >
          > > but how to proceed from there? I looked for a kernel config, but
          > > couldn't find one. Are there any step-by-step instructions?
          >
          > A couple of people had done it and wrote a little bit about it on
          > the kurobox wiki, if we'll ever see it again

          Ok, will look into it.

          > > Here's the deal: you help me getting the kernel module running,
          > > I'll write OpenVPN instructions for the Wiki :)
          >
          > I was looking at OpenVPN too, Wedgemusic says he's got it working
          > on his LS1 so I guess the "tun" support must be compiled into the
          > kernel already.

          Not into FW 1.45_13 at least.

          -Andre