Re: hackkit

  • Thom Mason
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 23, 2004
      Babelfish doesn't work with the url but if you cut and paste a
      paragraph you get soemthing. Trouble is there's so much information
      it's hard to digest since you can't navigate through it webwise.
      They've been at it for almost a year so there seems to have been a
      lot of progress. The BBS is running from a linkstation!

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "mphoust2"
      <buffalo247@b...> wrote:
      > Has anyone had much success in translating these pages? I tried
      > Google and babelfish.altavista.com. They both don't work.
      >
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dfw0118"
      <dfw1234@h...>
      > wrote:
      > > I've read through that site. It has tons of information to go
      > > through. I'm not quite clear what the Hackkit is, but I thought
      it
      > > was like a distro he put together. However, I've never heard of
      it
      > > until I read that page.
      > >
      > > - David
      > >
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dyoung8888"
      > > <dyoung8888@y...> wrote:
      > > > Has anyone read yamashita-san's webpage yet?
      > > >
      > > > http://www.yamasita.jp/linkstation/
      > > >
      > > > It indicates that HackKit runs on it. If that doesnt ring any
      > > > bells, IIRC, HackKit is a target in OE.
      > > >
      > > > Anyways, if the language is an issue, this link is the list of
      > > > packages that are part of the HackKit target.
      > > >
      > > > http://www.yamasita.jp/linkstation/HackKit/1.1/packages.txt
      > > >
      > > > I dont own one of these boxes yet; so I cant try it myself.
    • Andrew L
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 28, 2004
        Hackkit is basically a script and associated tools/software etc. to convert the LinkStation/Kuro Box to a Vine mini PC(Vine is a flavor of Linux that's popular in Japan). Most everything that Yamashita-san does is after conversion to Vine. But still some very interesting stuff.

        Andrew