Status of RevoGear web sites?

  • Art Wallace
    Message 1 of 16 , May 30, 2005
      Anyone know the status of these sites? I get this message when visiting the main web page, the forum and the wiki:

      This Account Has Been Suspended
      Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.
      There was talk on the forums that Sven was going to move the sites to a new host soon. Any ideas how that went?

      Art Wallace

    • Brad Rubeck
      Message 2 of 16 , May 30, 2005
        Well, that's not a good sign.  Except for forum postings that site has been unchanged for awhile.  I hope someone archived the forum or  a lot of good info will be gone.

        On 5/30/05, Art Wallace <art@...> wrote:
        Anyone know the status of these sites? I get this message when visiting the main web page, the forum and the wiki:

        This Account Has Been Suspended
        Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.
        There was talk on the forums that Sven was going to move the sites to a new host soon. Any ideas how that went?

        Art Wallace

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Brian Waite
        Message 3 of 16 , May 30, 2005
          I fear Revolution is no more. The server migration was suppossed to
          happen 2 months ago. I talked with Sven personally less than a week
          before the server move. I am/(was?) admin-ing the wiki content and we
          were actually perparing for far more community interaction for the
          wiki. IE The community was going to have root perms on the server to
          help adin the wiki software, etc. Also we were going to open up a
          large (Terrastation) disk for apps. Then nothing happened. I gave him
          a few weeks and after hearing reports of problems on the wiki I found
          that no logins, even my admin log worked. I beleive this was merely a
          broken config or a hacked wiki. People have tried calling Sven and
          reported a "mailbox full" voice mail error. I will make every effort
          to call Sven this week and see if I can get through to him. I will
          report here anything I hear. Hopefully we Kuroboxers arenot left in
          the dust.

          Thanks
          Brian

          On 5/30/05, Brad Rubeck <brubeck@...> wrote:
          > Well, that's not a good sign. Except for forum postings that site has been
          > unchanged for awhile. I hope someone archived the forum or a lot of good
          > info will be gone.
          >

          > On 5/30/05, Art Wallace <art@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Anyone know the status of these sites? I get this message when visiting
          > the main web page, the forum and the wiki:
          > >

          > > This Account Has Been Suspended
          > > Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.
          > > There was talk on the forums that Sven was going to move the sites to a
          > new host soon. Any ideas how that went?
          > >

          > > Art Wallace
          > > art@...

        • johnnypirish
          Message 4 of 16 , May 30, 2005
            That would be a shame as I find it a really helpful little box. BTW
            does anyone know how to get mod_perl to work with apache2. I am
            having some trouble as mod_perl will not work.

            JP

            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Brian Waite
            <linwoes@g...> wrote:
            > I fear Revolution is no more. The server migration was suppossed to
            > happen 2 months ago. I talked with Sven personally less than a week
            > before the server move. I am/(was?) admin-ing the wiki content and
            we
            > were actually perparing for far more community interaction for the
            > wiki. IE The community was going to have root perms on the server
            > help adin the wiki software, etc. Also we were going to open up a
            > large (Terrastation) disk for apps. Then nothing happened. I gave
            him
            > a few weeks and after hearing reports of problems on the wiki I
            found
            > that no logins, even my admin log worked. I beleive this was
            merely a
            > broken config or a hacked wiki. People have tried calling Sven and
            > reported a "mailbox full" voice mail error. I will make every
            effort
            > to call Sven this week and see if I can get through to him. I will
            > report here anything I hear. Hopefully we Kuroboxers arenot left in
            > the dust.
            >
            > Thanks
            > Brian
            >
            > On 5/30/05, Brad Rubeck <brubeck@g...> wrote:
            > > Well, that's not a good sign. Except for forum postings that
            site has been
            > > unchanged for awhile. I hope someone archived the forum or a
            lot of good
            > > info will be gone.
            > >

            > > On 5/30/05, Art Wallace <art@c...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Anyone know the status of these sites? I get this message when
            visiting
            > > the main web page, the forum and the wiki:
            > > >

            > > > This Account Has Been Suspended
            > > > Please contact the billing/support department as soon as
            possible.
            > > > There was talk on the forums that Sven was going to move the
            sites to a
            > > new host soon. Any ideas how that went?
            > > >

            > > > Art Wallace
            > > > art@c...

            Service.

            Service.
          • snatcher93
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
              Hi !
              Do anyone have any (good?) news ?
              I ordered a Kuro Box HG 3 days ago, i hope i will get it one day ...

              Sylver

              --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Art Wallace" <art@c...>
              wrote:
              > Anyone know the status of these sites? I get this message when
              visiting
              > the main web page <http://www.revogear.com/> , the forum
              > <http://www.revogear.com/forums/> and the wiki
              > <http://www.revogear.com/online/> :
              >

              > This Account Has Been Suspended
              > Please contact the billing/support department as soon as
              > possible.
              >
              > There was talk on the forums that Sven was going to move the sites
              to a
              > new host soon. Any ideas how that went?
              >

              > Art Wallace
              > art@c...
            • asalvari
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
                Hmm, I was ordering it yesterday (31 of may), and I talked with Sven
                and somebody in the finance department (I could not order it on their
                website)

                Sven said that the website will be back today (that is 31 of may, ha
                ha) and the finance dep person called back to tell me that the order
                was processed.

                I got feeling that they are still in bussines.

                --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "snatcher93"
                <snatcher93@r...> wrote:
                > Hi !
                > Do anyone have any (good?) news ?
                > I ordered a Kuro Box HG 3 days ago, i hope i will get it one day ...
                >
                > Sylver
                >
                > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Art Wallace" <art@c...>
                > wrote:
                > > Anyone know the status of these sites? I get this message when
                > visiting
                > > the main web page <http://www.revogear.com/> , the forum
                > > <http://www.revogear.com/forums/> and the wiki
                > > <http://www.revogear.com/online/> :
                > >

                > > This Account Has Been Suspended
                > > Please contact the billing/support department as soon as
                > > possible.
                > >
                > > There was talk on the forums that Sven was going to move the sites
                > to a
                > > new host soon. Any ideas how that went?
                > >

                > > Art Wallace
                > > art@c...
              • Art Wallace
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
                  They are back up at:
                  http://www.kurobox.com
                  http://www.kurobox.com/forums/
                  http://www.kurobox.com/online/

                  Good news to be sure.

                  Art Wallace
                  art@...

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
                    Are you sure they are back, anyone can go in?

                    I am just getting this:

                    This is the placeholder for domain kurobox.com. If you see this page
                    after uploading site content you probably have not replaced the
                    index.html file.

                    Thanks,

                    Manuel.

                    wrote:
                    > They are back up at:
                    > http://www.kurobox.com
                    > http://www.kurobox.com/forums/
                    > http://www.kurobox.com/online/
                    >
                    > Good news to be sure.
                    >

                    > Art Wallace
                    > art@c...

                  • snatcher93
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
                      It's working for me !
                      But now http://www.revolutionstore.com/ is down :(

                      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "mdelatorre"
                      <mdltorre@g...> wrote:
                      > Are you sure they are back, anyone can go in?
                      >
                      > I am just getting this:
                      >
                      > This is the placeholder for domain kurobox.com. If you see this page
                      > after uploading site content you probably have not replaced the
                      > index.html file.
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      >
                      > Manuel.

                    • Art Wallace
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
                        Yes, it's working for me too. I can access both the forums and the wiki.
                        But there is a bug when you log into the forum. After login it will try
                        to redirect you to revogear.com. But since that site is down you just
                        get a blank page. So then you need to revisit the
                        http://www.kurobox.com/forums/ URL to be logged in.

                        Art Wallace
                        art@...

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 2, 2005
                          It looks like the server split is underway! This will herald a new for
                          kuroboxers. It also means potentially more community control over the wiki.
                          Once things settle out maybe we can talk about how to marry (NOT merge) the 2
                          wiki-s so that the info can really be consolodated.
                          Thanks
                          Brian
                          On Thursday 02 June 2005 2:29 am, Art Wallace wrote:

                          > <tt>
                          > Hi,<BR>
                          > Yes, it's working for me too. I can access both the forums and the
                          > wiki.<BR> But there is a bug when you log into the forum. After login it
                          > will try<BR> to redirect you to revogear.com. But since that site is down
                          > you just<BR> get a blank page. So then you need to revisit the<BR>
                          > URL to be logged in.<BR> <BR>
                          > <BR>
                          > <BR>
                          > <BR>
                          > Art Wallace<BR>
                          > art@...<BR>
                          > <BR>
                          > -----Original Message-----<BR>

                        • wedgemusic
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 2, 2005
                            The LinkStationWiki has InterWiki capabilities (it provides easy,
                            seamless links from one wiki to another). Does anyone know if the Kuro
                            wiki does too? If so, it should be fairly easy to integrate the
                            information on each wiki.

                            href="http://www.kurobox.com/forums/">http://www.kurobox.com/forums/</a>
                            > > URL to be logged in.<BR> <BR>
                            > > <BR>
                            > > <BR>
                            > > <BR>
                            > > Art Wallace<BR>
                            > > art@c...<BR>
                            > > <BR>
                            > > -----Original Message-----<BR>

                          • Brian Waite
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 2, 2005
                              I won't know until the move is complete. In the past it was running tikiwiki.
                              There may be the ability to change the wiki server to something more workable
                              if needed tho,.

                              Thanks
                              Brian

                            • David
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jun 3, 2005
                                wrote:
                                > They are back up at:
                                > http://www.kurobox.com
                                > http://www.kurobox.com/forums/
                                > http://www.kurobox.com/online/

                                I can't get registered for editing the wiki.
                                http://www.kurobox.com/online/tiki-register.php

                                Gives a "wrong reg code" error even though I'm entering the right code.

                                DB error pointing to the wrong site?

                                Thanks,
                                David Troesch
                              • Art Wallace
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jun 3, 2005
                                  Same bug as before. The site's back to where it was before the outage.
                                  Hopefully they will start making improvements soon.

                                  Art Wallace
                                  art@...

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jun 3, 2005
                                    There is still a bit of work to be done on the Revo Site. The sever is being
                                    migrated and once this happens i can get in there and update software and fix
                                    registration. I'll keep the list here informed.

                                    Thanks
                                    Brian