PCast and External Harddisk

  • duncankh
    Message 1 of 4 , May 30 8:41 AM
      Is it possible to share the contents of the internal drive and a
      external drive connected via usb to the PCast server so that the
      Linktheather can access both?

      Thanks
    • chano22000
      Message 2 of 4 , May 30 11:44 AM
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "duncankh"
        <duncan888@h...> wrote:
        > Is it possible to share the contents of the internal drive and a
        > external drive connected via usb to the PCast server so that the
        > Linktheather can access both?
        >
        > Thanks

        As far as I remember you assign to the PCast server through the LS web
        admin interface one share only which is your media directory.

        If you have root access on your LS, you could investigate creating
        from this share links to your first level folders in /mnt2/usbdisk1.

        Regards.
      • duncankh
        Message 3 of 4 , May 30 11:56 AM
          Thanks for the reply, but I am using firmware 1.47 as have no telnet
          access. only 1.46 and 1.47 firmware have PCast so i cannot go back
          to 1.45.

          Any other ideas? or is this just a limitation of the Linkstation?

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "chano22000"
          <philippe.deysine@l...> wrote:
          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "duncankh"
          > <duncan888@h...> wrote:
          > > Is it possible to share the contents of the internal drive and a
          > > external drive connected via usb to the PCast server so that the
          > > Linktheather can access both?
          > >
          > > Thanks
          >
          > As far as I remember you assign to the PCast server through the LS
          web
          > admin interface one share only which is your media directory.
          >
          > If you have root access on your LS, you could investigate creating
          > from this share links to your first level folders
          in /mnt2/usbdisk1.

          > Regards.
        • Thoralf Freitag
          Message 4 of 4 , May 31 8:41 AM
            duncankh schrieb:

            > Thanks for the reply, but I am using firmware 1.47 as have no telnet
            > access. only 1.46 and 1.47 firmware have PCast so i cannot go back
            > to 1.45.

            IMHO the 1.45 have PCast. Go back to 1.45, hack telnet and do this:

            #
            # optimize Linkstation typ H-HLAN Ver 1.45
            #
            #

            # Cooler control and PCast-Server in the Web-Menü

            root@GIRAFFE:/www/cgi-bin# TERM=vt100
            root@GIRAFFE:/www/cgi-bin# export TERM

            root@GIRAFFE:/www/cgi-bin# vi mellib.pl

            # HD-HLAN
            elsif ($defMODEL eq $defModelHLAN) {

            # MTUÀßÄê
            # $defFunctionMTUSetting = $defOFF;
            $defFunctionMTUSetting = $defON;

            # LinkStation´Ö¥Ð¥Ã¥¯¥¢¥Ã¥×Âбþ
            # $defFunctionBackupToLinkStation = $defOFF;
            $defFunctionBackupToLinkStation = $defON;

            # FAN¥³¥ó¥È¥í¡¼¥ëÂбþ
            # $defFunctionFanControl = $defOFF;
            $defFunctionFanControl = $defON;

            # PCast ServerÂбþ