Re: I've locked myself out

  • avocadinho
    Message 1 of 3 , May 28, 2005
      I re-installed the F/W, but this didn't fix the problem. I can map
      the LS (I'm doing this on XP) and browse all the data, but when I
      try to access the web-interface I get a server-not-found error and
      still no telnet either.

      Are there any other suggestions!?

      Thanks

      AVO

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Thoralf Freitag
      <tf_0815@y...> wrote:
      > Reinstall the firmware b y using the LinkStation Update program.
      This
      > should set up your /etc/passwd again. Then you have to hack the
      > LinkStation also again.
      >
      > TF
      >
      > avocadinho schrieb:
      >
      > > OK...slight problem. I've been attempting to hack into my LS
      (F/W
      > > 1.45) using the loophole that lets you use a cgi script to modify
      > > the permissions on etc/passwd. this worked fine, but I had
      problems
      > > editing the file (basically because the terminal emulation wasn't
      > > working...so i couldn't really see what I was typing...), so I
      > > accidentally logged out, leaving a passwd file that looks like:
      > >
      > > root:
      > > r.4feIpNeMISQ:0:0:root/root:/bin/bash
      > > bin:*:1:1:bin:/bin
      > >

      > > etc...
      > >
      > > I think the carriage return after the "root:" has done something
      > > bad, because now, when I telnet in, the connection is immediately
      > > severed before I even get the user/password prompt.
      > >
      > > please help!
      > >
      > > AVO

      subject=Unsubscribe>