Re: trying to install addns

  • zolividor2000
    Message 1 of 3 , May 28, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "lb_worm"
      <bobateiger@h...> wrote:
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "zolividor2000"
      > <zolividor@h...> wrote:
      > > Hi Linkstationauts,
      > >
      > > I'm a linux newbie having trouble.
      > >
      > > I want to setup my LS FTP with my dynamic DNS internet service. I
      > have
      > > root access via telnet from an XP box.
      > >
      > > When I try to install ./addns.pl, I get:
      > >
      > > Can't locate IO/Socket.pm in @INC (@INC
      > contains: /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1
      > > /usr/share/perl/5.6.1 /usr/local/lib/perl/5.6.1
      > > /usr/local/share/perl/5.6.1 /usr/local/perl /usr/lib/perl5
      > > /usr/share/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at ./addns.pl line 9.
      > > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./addns.pl line 9.
      > >
      > > I have hunted around and it seems that no modules are loaded. I'm
      > > having trouble figuring out what I need to do to be able to load
      > > modules.
      > >
      > > Any help would be appreciated.
      > >
      > > TIA
      > > Thatcher
      >
      > From a link on the slimserver web site, you can get to a link to a
      > perl-5.8 download for the linkstation. This installs most of the
      > CPAN libs too.

      Thank you,lb-worm,

      I followed the instruction and got perl 5.8.5 loaded. Now when I try
      to install ./addns.pl, I get:

      bash: ./addns.pl: /usr/bin/perl: bad interpreter: Not a directory

      Would anyone out there have suggestions on how I could get addns
      installed, or even better, educate myself on how to solve this myself?

      TIA
      Thatcher