Re: chroot issues

    Message 1 of 6 , May 22, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "lb_worm"
      <bobateiger@h...> wrote:
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "cherrytreeproduction"
      > <cherrytreeproduction@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > I have an LS I (ppc). The chroot in FILES does not execute so I
      > > > assume it is for a MIPS based box.
      > >
      > > No...its for ppc-LS...works in my LS 1(ppc)...
      > >
      > > regards
      > > Markus
      >
      > Can you post a new tar ball as I have problems with this one. says the
      > file is garbage and not a tarball.

      I just checked the one I put in the "files" section once again. I
      re-downloaded it and untared it using:

      tar -zxf chroot.tgz

      and the chroot file it spit out ran perfectly. (hint, put it in
      /usr/bin unless you want to run it by doing some like "./chroot ...")

      Granted this was on my Debianized LS, but I remember running this very
      file on my original LS OS back when I actually had the toad thing.

      You also might want to verify that the "execute" flag is set by using
      the command:

      ls -l chroot

      or by setting it anyway using:

      chmod +x chroot