Re: hackkit

  • mphoust2
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 23, 2004
      Has anyone had much success in translating these pages? I tried
      Google and babelfish.altavista.com. They both don't work.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dfw0118" <dfw1234@h...>
      wrote:
      > I've read through that site. It has tons of information to go
      > through. I'm not quite clear what the Hackkit is, but I thought it
      > was like a distro he put together. However, I've never heard of it
      > until I read that page.
      >
      > - David
      >
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dyoung8888"
      > <dyoung8888@y...> wrote:
      > > Has anyone read yamashita-san's webpage yet?
      > >
      > > http://www.yamasita.jp/linkstation/
      > >
      > > It indicates that HackKit runs on it. If that doesnt ring any
      > > bells, IIRC, HackKit is a target in OE.
      > >
      > > Anyways, if the language is an issue, this link is the list of
      > > packages that are part of the HackKit target.
      > >
      > > http://www.yamasita.jp/linkstation/HackKit/1.1/packages.txt
      > >
      > > I dont own one of these boxes yet; so I cant try it myself.
    • Thom Mason
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 23, 2004
        Babelfish doesn't work with the url but if you cut and paste a
        paragraph you get soemthing. Trouble is there's so much information
        it's hard to digest since you can't navigate through it webwise.
        They've been at it for almost a year so there seems to have been a
        lot of progress. The BBS is running from a linkstation!

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "mphoust2"
        <buffalo247@b...> wrote:
        > Has anyone had much success in translating these pages? I tried
        > Google and babelfish.altavista.com. They both don't work.
        >
        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dfw0118"
        <dfw1234@h...>
        > wrote:
        > > I've read through that site. It has tons of information to go
        > > through. I'm not quite clear what the Hackkit is, but I thought
        it
        > > was like a distro he put together. However, I've never heard of
        it
        > > until I read that page.
        > >
        > > - David
        > >
        > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dyoung8888"
        > > <dyoung8888@y...> wrote:
        > > > Has anyone read yamashita-san's webpage yet?
        > > >
        > > > http://www.yamasita.jp/linkstation/
        > > >
        > > > It indicates that HackKit runs on it. If that doesnt ring any
        > > > bells, IIRC, HackKit is a target in OE.
        > > >
        > > > Anyways, if the language is an issue, this link is the list of
        > > > packages that are part of the HackKit target.
        > > >
        > > > http://www.yamasita.jp/linkstation/HackKit/1.1/packages.txt
        > > >
        > > > I dont own one of these boxes yet; so I cant try it myself.
      • Andrew L
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 28, 2004
          Hackkit is basically a script and associated tools/software etc. to convert the LinkStation/Kuro Box to a Vine mini PC(Vine is a flavor of Linux that's popular in Japan). Most everything that Yamashita-san does is after conversion to Vine. But still some very interesting stuff.

          Andrew