I made it: Debian on Linkstation II (Mips) !

  • balimbabullabe
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7 8:41 AM

      I finally managed to put debian (sarge) on my Linkstation II ! As soon
      as I'm sure the steps I took were correct ;-) I will sort the notes I
      took, write them down and put them into my hacking-howto.
      It would have been easier to buy a PPC-based Linkstation but hey: it
      has been fun ;-)
      The hardest part in the end has been to make the Linkstation not
      reboot after 5 minutes but I finally found where the "watchdog" is set ...
    • peter
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "balimbabullabe"
        <balimbabullabe@y...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I finally managed to put debian (sarge) on my Linkstation II ! As soon
        > as I'm sure the steps I took were correct ;-) I will sort the notes I
        > took, write them down and put them into my hacking-howto.
        > It would have been easier to buy a PPC-based Linkstation but hey: it
        > has been fun ;-)
        > The hardest part in the end has been to make the Linkstation not
        > reboot after 5 minutes but I finally found where the "watchdog" is
        set ...

        can you share how you do it for me?
        thanks!