Re: (some kind of) Debian on Linkstation II (MIPS)

  • drivola80
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2005

      that's great news! I really enjoyed your hacking how to, and I'm
      curious to see the next chapter. Great job!
      Davide

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "balimbabullabe"
      <balimbabullabe@y...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > today I succeeded in doing a native debian install on my Linkstation
      > II (using debootstrap) and "merging" it with the existing files.
      > Saying "merging" I mean that I copied the debian files over to the
      > first partition not overwriting already existing ones (I tried
      > overwriting before but this messed everything up).
      > So there might be (as usual) some errors to be found but now I have
      > nearly every binary I need ...
      > I will sometime write my newly learned knowledge down and integrate it
      > into the hacking howto.
    • balimbabullabe
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2005
        Thanks a lot.

        I added the (first) steps to install debian to the Hacking How-To.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "drivola80"