(some kind of) Debian on Linkstation II (MIPS)

  • balimbabullabe
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2005

      today I succeeded in doing a native debian install on my Linkstation
      II (using debootstrap) and "merging" it with the existing files.
      Saying "merging" I mean that I copied the debian files over to the
      first partition not overwriting already existing ones (I tried
      overwriting before but this messed everything up).
      So there might be (as usual) some errors to be found but now I have
      nearly every binary I need ...
      I will sometime write my newly learned knowledge down and integrate it
      into the hacking howto.
    • drivola80
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2005

        that's great news! I really enjoyed your hacking how to, and I'm
        curious to see the next chapter. Great job!
        Davide

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "balimbabullabe"
        <balimbabullabe@y...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > today I succeeded in doing a native debian install on my Linkstation
        > II (using debootstrap) and "merging" it with the existing files.
        > Saying "merging" I mean that I copied the debian files over to the
        > first partition not overwriting already existing ones (I tried
        > overwriting before but this messed everything up).
        > So there might be (as usual) some errors to be found but now I have
        > nearly every binary I need ...
        > I will sometime write my newly learned knowledge down and integrate it
        > into the hacking howto.
      • balimbabullabe
        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2005
          Thanks a lot.

          I added the (first) steps to install debian to the Hacking How-To.

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "drivola80"