write access denied to shared folder on linkstation

  • parlandus
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2005
      I have a Buffalo Linkstation connected to our network (Ethernet, DSL
      router, no Domain or server). I have a mapped drive (l:) to my share
      on the Linkstation drive. Until a few days ago all worked fine. Now I
      can see the drive and can copy files from it to my hard drive, but I
      cannot copy files from my hard drive to the Linkstation or create new
      folders. I get an "Access denied" message telling me to be sure the
      drive is not full or write-protected which it is not.

      The clients are running Windows XP service pack II. I upgraded the
      linkstation to firmware 1.47-12 to no avail.

      Any help greatly appreciated.

      Ludwig

      P.S.: The message is partially copied from a similar post of another
      linstation user to microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web in january
      05, that remained unanswered.