Linkstation - The current situation

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2005
      Hi,

      I haven't posted for quite a while now on here and I could do with an
      update on what's happening with the LinkStation.

      Do the current versions of the hardware/BIOS still allow root access?
      Is it the same hack as it always was?

      Has anybody got MySQL running on the LinkStation?

      Does anybody have the latest version of SlimServer v6 running on
      LinkStation?

      Many thanks for your time.

      Paul
    • balimbabullabe
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2005
        > Do the current versions of the hardware/BIOS still allow root access?
        > Is it the same hack as it always was?

        At least for 2.x firmware I can say that the "old tricks" didn't work,
        but there always are new ones ;-)
        As I have seen some 50 posts down there are also problems with
        firmware 1.4x which starting at a certain version number no longer
        allows the usual hacks.
        Use the search to find these posts.
      • johnnypirish
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2005
          Hi,

          I have the Kurobox running the following:

          Webmin
          Samba
          Apache2 (running Twiki)
          MySQL
          ProFTPd
          Twonkyvision

          Everything is running smooth!

          JP

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <paul@l...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I haven't posted for quite a while now on here and I could do with
          an
          > update on what's happening with the LinkStation.
          >
          > Do the current versions of the hardware/BIOS still allow root
          access?
          > Is it the same hack as it always was?
          >
          > Has anybody got MySQL running on the LinkStation?
          >
          > Does anybody have the latest version of SlimServer v6 running on
          > LinkStation?
          >
          > Many thanks for your time.
          >
          > Paul
        • peter